Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gebre Gebremariam of Ethiopia and Edna Kiplagat of Kenya Win!

WINS...the New York City Marathon today that is.  The NYC marathon has been run every year since 1970.  I have deferred my entry to run in the marathon for the last 2 years.  I have been recovering from having plantar fasciitis in both feet.  I will have to run the marathon next year or I will lose my spot.  I ran the New Orleans Half Marathon February 2010 and have pretty much stopped running since that time.  But I miss running with all of my friends...I have friends running the NYC marathon race today, so I hope they all finish well.

Even one of the rescued Chilean miners Edison Pena was running the New York City Marathon today.  He has never even run a marathon before, but was running underground while trapped in the mines of Chili.  He would even strap a crate on his back to make it harder.  So I wish the best of luck to Edison as well..I hope he makes it.

2 comments:

Leave a comment "dear friend"