Thursday, November 18, 2010

A TALE OF “A STICK AND A SNAKE”



While on a visit last month to Austin to see my daughter and family, they had a photo shoot scheduled at  Laguna Gloria, Austin Museum of Art.  A restored 1916 Italianate-style villa that was the home of Texas legend Clara Driscoll.  Peacocks roam the lush 12 acres grounds that overlook Lake Austin.

It was near the end of the photo shoot and we were walking through the grounds. A lady approached us and asked if we had seen a fox, which we had not.  She said there was a fox on the grounds and it was threatening the peacocks.

We continued to walk and I was carrying Betty, my granddaughter.  She exclaimed “snake”.  She had been playing with sticks on the ground..so I think, she just saw a stick…and I do not like snakes.  But with another step and quick look..I screamed…”snake”.  It really was a snake, slithering across the path.

So the next time Betty says “snake”…you can bet it is probably a snake.  I sure hope I never hear Betty say “bear”. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment "dear friend"